Divorce Decree Modifications in Boulder City, NV

Home > Practice Areas > Modification of Divorce Decree > Boulder

A divorce decree is a legal documentation of a marriage’s termination passed down by the courts in Nevada.

Modification of Divorce Decree

Divorce decrees are the legal documentation of a marriage’s termination passed down by the courts in Nevada. Divorce decrees differ from one marriage to another and contain the obligations and rights of the individuals involved. Although though divorce decrees are permanent, they can later be modified if needed. It is not unheard of that situations may change, and an ex-spouse requests a modification to the decree. Issues like physical relocation, income, or children’s needs can all be circumstances for divorce decree modifications.

The US legal system should never be a do-it-yourself process. If you want to make changes to your divorce decree, you need an attorney, who specializes in family law in Nevada on your side. If you need to make changes to your divorce decree, or your former spouse is petitioning for changes contact Throne & Hauser Attorneys at Law. Our firm can help you in Boulder City, with any divorce decree modifications you are facing.

Changes of Circumstances

For modifications to a divorce decree; there must be a chronicled and documented change of circumstances for those involved. It is always possible to adjust terms in a divorce as needed, even though a decree is legally binding. Such as, when child custody is a factor in your divorce, and one of the parents will be moving out of state. That change will need to be documented in the divorce decree. When making any changes to the child custody arrangement, there must be legal documentation in a decree. That way, going forward, agreements can be defined, understood and met.

Spousal support, or alimony, can be modified in a divorce decree as well. A modification would be considered when there is a change of income amount to either party in the divorce. Through proper petitioning with the courts, both the amount of support being paid and the duration of payments can be altered.

The best way to ensure your petition is properly filed with the Nevada courts is, with the attorneys from Throne & Hauser.

Modify a Divorce Decree

Modifications to a divorce decree can be requested as soon as the divorce has been established with the courts. Petitions that are made within six weeks of a divorce being finalized are viewed with suspicion and not considered urgent. That holding period is for the understanding of the courts in Nevada. When petitioning for modifications to a divorce decree, the burden of proof is always required from the petitioner.

Boulder City Family Law Attorneys

If you need to have your divorce decree modified in Boulder City, NV, or if your former spouse is filing a petition for modification, please call 702-800-3580. Let us help.

Divorce is never a pleasant situation. I had a friend who needed some advice in this matter and suggested she meet with Throne & Hauser to go over her options. I went with her for support and saw how relieved she was after talking to Dawn. She hired them on the spot and we got some valuable advice and a plan going forward.

Client Review for Throne & Hauser

Call Throne & Hauser Today

No matter the level of help you need, our law firm is eager to help. Schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys today.