If you are going through a divorce, you know how taxing the process can be, particularly when children are involved. At Throne and Hauser at Law, we offer our professional family law services to citizens of Summerlin, Nevada. From prenuptial agreements to child custody, we can assist you through any process. At Throne and Hauser at Law, we have a reputation for winning cases and coming to the best result for each family, individual or couple.
Our winning legal team in Summerlin can offer you the subsequent family law services:
Child custody will always be based on the well-being of the child and sometimes these decisions are extremely difficult for parents to make.
The best interest of a child is decided based on the ensuing circumstances:
- The child’s age, gender, mental and physical health
- Physical and mental well-being of parents
- Lifestyle and social elements
- Love and emotional connections between parent and child
- Parents’ capacity to produce food, shelter, clothing and medical care
- Quality of schools in the area
- Child’s inclination if over age 12
- Ability and willingness of parent to support a good relationship between child and another parent
- Environmental stability
Types of custody arrangements
- Legal custody: The right and responsibility to make decisions about child rearing. This involves education, religion, medical care and punishment. When given joint legal custody, parents share these privileges.
- Physical custody: The ability of a parent to have a child with him or her. Most courts order joint physical custody, though the time-split is often different than 50/50.
- Sole custody: Sole custody settlements provide one parent with total custody privileges and allow the other only visitation rights.
- Joint custody: This custody permits parents to coordinate their schedules and share decision-making responsibility.
- Bird’s nest custody: This happens when the child stays in one home and parents interchange in and out of the home and take turns caring for the child.
Fathers’ Rights Law & Representation in Summerlin, NV
Parents have equal rights in child custody cases, however, throughout time courts tend to favor the mother. Fighting against inaccurate gender-based norms is time-consuming and exhausting. The attorneys with Throne and Hauser excel with fighting for the fathers’ rights in custody cases. Our Practice covers the Summerlin, NV area, where we work with our clients to improve their standing with the court. Having a fathers’ rights attorney on your side means you have an expert on your team who has a full understanding of the law and the court system. We work for you ensuring the best outcome for your children and the other parties involved in the custody case.
Divorce proceedings are emotional and confusing. When you add child custody to that, feelings intensify. With our bar-certified attorneys on your side, we will explain options and legal processes that are used to determine custody solutions. Whether in mediation or in court, Throne and Hauser will make sure that your voice is heard and honored by the courts.
Child support is a prearranged amount of money that is normally paid monthly to the spouse who holds primary custody of the child. Child support is planned for basic necessities like food, housing and clothing, health insurance medical care and educational expenses. Child support is decided based on each parent’s monthly income and costs. Centered on this financial evidence and the amount of time each parent devotes to the child, the court uses a formula to decide on child support.
Family law mediation
Family law mediation is used to resolve family conflicts. With family mediation, a neutral third party mediator helps two parties to reduce their differences as they reach a settlement. Family mediation can save the parties’ time and expenditures associated with the trial, but the conclusions may not be legally necessary.
If you are divorcing on the basis of physical or verbal maltreatment, you can defend yourself and your children with safety and restraining orders from Throne and Hauser Attorneys at Law. These orders keep you severed from the abuser in order to stay protected. Though a protective order can’t fully remove the prospect that someone will stalk or hurt you, it will permit you to call the police and have the abuser incarcerated should they breach the conclusive rules of the order.
This usually denotes a parent’s right to make decisions apropos to a child’s education, health care and religion. Determining rights and responsibilities can be difficult, particularly when it comes to the parental responsibility of any pernicious or criminal conduct of your child. You are only liable for your children’s actions until they are 18.
Are you thinking about adoption in order to start or complete your family? The adoption process in Summerlin can be long, complex and frustrating, but an attorney from Throne and Hauser Attorneys at Law can navigate your family through it. Whether you’re an expecting mother considering adoption or a parent who desperately wants a child, we can help you come to the best solution.
I couldn’t say enough about Dawn and her partner Michelle Hauser. They both played a huge roll in me adopting my two Grandchildren. They knew the in’s and out’s of the law and put the other attorney at a lose for words. I highly recommend them to anyone fighting to adopt a child or children. They both know the law inside and out and you will be proud knowing they are fighting for you.
Client Review for Throne & Hauser