Adoption can be one of the most gratifying moments in the lives of new parents and adopted kids. It is important to know your legal rights and responsibilities at every part of the adoption procedure. While adopting a child is rewarding, related legal problems can make an adoption highly demanding and emotionally taxing. This is why it is usually a wise idea to have an experienced adoption lawyer by your side throughout the process. A lawyer from Throne & Hauser will help protect your welfare as well as your child’s welfare.
Can You Begin the Adoption Process?
In the case of any adoption, there are various legal and/or personal issues that can happen. In the end these issues can eventually convolute the adoption procedure. Common issues or questions often arise, including:
- What can be expected from the adoption procedure?
- Which type of adoption should be used?
- What rights do same-sex couples have when it comes to adoption?
- What are some alternatives for same-sex parents if adoption isn’t possible?
- Who can legally adopt a child?
- What are the pros and cons of an adoption agency versus a private adoption?
- How does intercontinental adoption work?
- What are the costs associated with intercontinental adoption?
- What steps are required to gain citizenship for a child adopted from another country?
Expert Adoption Attorneys
An adoption lawyer will not only respond to these questions for you; they can also see questions or concerns you might not have thought about. No matter the exact circumstances of your case, you need to call an experienced adoption attorney to guide you through the adoption process. The risks in adoption are significant and the outcome of your case can majorly impact you, your family and your money. A certified attorney from Throne & Hauser will evaluate your case, explain what you can anticipate at every stage and help sort out your choices. Our attorneys are here to advocate for your welfare and secure your legal rights, ensuring that the result of your case is as favorable as we can. Contact a lawyer in <!–city–>, <!–state–> to schedule a consultation.
How an Adoption Lawyer Can Help
As a family or individual looking to add to the family through adoption, having an attorney provide adoption legal representation is a smart option since they’re experienced in handling this highly specialized part of the law. When you work with Throne & Hauser, our adoption lawyers will provide you with expert guidance on the things that can affect your case. We work diligently to make sure that you meet all the criteria when it comes to adoption in Boulder City, NV.
In Boulder City, NV, these are a few requirements you must meet to be considered as adoptive parents:
- Earn a sufficient income to provide for all the financial needs of your child
- Single, same-sex couples, married, divorced and widowed individuals are all eligible to adopt
- Provide a supportive and nurturing home environment full of love and respect
- Must be at least 21 years old, and at least 10 years older than the child
- Attend approximately 30 hours of pre-service training
- Demonstrate good character (licensing may be denied if arrest record and convictions are present)
Throne & Hauser Attorneys at Law can help if you and your significant other meet the standard adoption requirements and we can provide additional guidance if you need it. Our adoption lawyers can handle all the communications and paperwork involved with the adoption agency so that the process is straightforward. Since we work closely with our clients, we will prepare you for any hearings if they are required for your adoption. In addition, we offer reliable adoption legal representation if any complications surface.
Adoption Legal Representation
When it comes to adoption, it’s important to remember to be patient, because the process takes time and is very detailed and complex. Adopting older children can be accomplished within a few months, while adopting an infant can be a much longer process. Regardless of age, if you want to bring in a child to your household, you must take Nevada’s required adoption certifications and licensing. We can help you with the required training and gathering the proper records and paperwork. Afterward, we can file for an in-home study.
The in-home study is comprised of:
- Complete an application and turn in necessary documents
- Provide references from people who are close to you
- Background check, fingerprint clearance, child abuse and neglect screenings
- Interviews with caseworker and home visits
- Discuss types of children available for adoption and your preferences
- Paying the associated costs
The adoption lawyers with Throne & Hauser guide you through these processes meticulously. Terminating the parental rights of the birth parents is something we do in all our work, and serves to minimize any legal risk and finalize the adoption. Our adoption lawyers will also help you get an adoption decree and an amended birth certificate. We have the experience, expertise, and knowledge to assist you with every stage in the adoption process. Although child adoption is a lengthy process, it is much better with our adoption lawyers working for you.
Contact Us about Adoption
If you and your family are ready for the adoption process in Boulder City, NV, then you should contact Throne & Hauser Attorneys at Law. We’re here to help you.
I couldn’t say enough about Dawn and her partner Michelle Hauser. They both played a huge roll in me adopting my two Grandchildren. They knew the in’s and out’s of the law and put the other attorney at a lose for words. I highly recommend them to anyone fighting to adopt a child or children. They both know the law inside and out and you will be proud knowing they are fighting for you.
Client Review for Throne & Hauser