And while adoption may bring great happiness to parents and families, the ever-changing Las Vegas adoption laws can make the process long, confusing and frustrating.
Hiring an attorney that has expertise in Las Vegas adoption law can be an invaluable step in completing your family through adoption. At Throne & Hauser, our adoption attorneys work with clients in Las Vegas to help them navigate the complex Nevada adoption laws, making the process a much more positive experience.
Adoption Law Requirements
Families have many questions about adoption law practice in Las Vegas and the process for adopting a child in Nevada. The general adoption requirements for Nevada state are:
- Who can apply to adopt? People of any race and beliefs can apply to adopt. The law doesn’t discriminate against people who work outside the home, own or rent a home, have high or low income, with or without other children, married or single. The person adopting must be over 21 years of age and at least 10 years older than the person being adopted.
- What are the basic steps to adoption? State law requires a thorough investigation and assessment of unrelated prospective adoptive parents (home study). The process is designed to ensure the best family for a child or siblings and helps the family in question decide if the adoption is an appropriate option.
- What are the requirements for a home study? The home study is a screening process of the prospective parents. Home Study includes:
- Completed application
- Criminal background check, screenings and fingerprint clearances
- Interviews with a social worker
- Reviews and discussion in detail of all the available options and way to adopt
- If you are a step-parent or other relative of the child, the home study can be waived, making the process easier and cheaper.
Since dealing with adoption laws can be quite cumbersome and time consuming, it’s always a better choice to team up with a child adoption lawyer. Having an experienced lawyer who understands child adoption laws in Nevada can help you build a strong case and make the adoption process smoother.
Give Us a Call Today
Give us a call today for an adoption attorney to discuss your specific needs: 702-800-3580. We help build families through adoption in the Las Vegas area.
I couldn’t say enough about Dawn and her partner Michelle Hauser. They both played a huge roll in me adopting my two Grandchildren. They knew the ins and outs of the law and put the other attorney at a lose for words. I highly recommend them to anyone fighting to adopt a child or children. They both know the law inside and out and you will be proud knowing they are fighting for you.
Client Review for Throne & Hauser