In every child custody case, the outcome will always be determined based on the well-being of the child. Sometimes, these decisions are extremely tough for parents to make. That’s why it’s best for an experienced child custody attorney to be with you during every step of the process.
The best of interest of a child is determined by the ensuing points:
- The child’s age, gender, mental and physical well-being
- Health of parents
- Lifestyle and social components
- Love and emotional connections between parent and child
- Parents’ capability to produce food, shelter, clothing and medical care
- Quality of schools in the area
- Child’s inclination if over age 12
- Capability and inclination of parent to foster a good relationship between child and other parent
- Environmental stability
When you come to Throne and Hauser Attorneys at Law, our lawyers understand that you want what’s best for your child. That’s why our child custody law firm will work as hard as possible to reach the ideal outcome for any case in Boulder City, Nevada.
Types of Custody Arrangements
There are few kinds of custody arrangements. Your child custody lawyers from Throne and Hauser will help you decide which arrangement is best. Here’s a brief overview of the types of custody arrangements:
- Legal custody: The right and responsibility to make choices about child rearing. This includes education, religion, medical care and discipline. When given joint legal custody, parents share these rights.
- Physical custody: The right of a parent to have a child living with them. Most courts order joint physical custody, though the time-split is often not the same as 50/50.
- Sole Custody: Sole custody arrangements give one parent total custody rights and allow the other only visitation rights.
- Joint custody: This custody permits parents to synchronize their schedules and share decision-making duties.
- Bird’s nest custody: This occurs when the child remains in one home and parents alternate in and out of the home and take turns caring for the child.
Child support is a pre-determined sum of money that is typically paid monthly to the spouse who maintains primary custody of the child. This is designed for basic needs like food, housing and clothing, health insurance medical care and educational costs. In child custody court, child custody will be settled based on each parent’s monthly income and costs. Focused on this financial evidence and the extent of time each parent spends with the child, the court uses a formula to determine child support.
Family Law Mediation
Family law mediation is used to work out family quarrels. With family mediation, an impartial third party mediator encourages two parties to smooth out their differences as they reach a settlement. Family mediation can save the parties’ time and expenditures connected with a trial, but the decisions may not be legally lasting.
If you are divorcing on the basis of physical or verbal mistreatment, you can shelter yourself and your children with safety and restraining orders from Throne and Hauser Attorneys at Law. These orders keep you far away from the abuser in order to stay unharmed. Though a protective order can’t fully eradicate the prospect that someone will stalk or assault you, it will permit you to call the police and have the abuser put in prison should they break the mandatory rules of the order.
This generally refers to a parent’s entitlement to make conclusions concerning a child’s education, health care and religion. Determining rights and accountabilities can be difficult, specifically when it comes to the parental liability of any spiteful or criminal conduct of your child. You are only accountable for your children’s actions until the age of 18.
Are you thinking about adoption in order to begin or complete your family? The adoption process in Boulder City, Nevada can be long, complex and frustrating, but an attorney from Throne and Hauser Attorneys at Law can guide your family through it. Whether you’re an expecting mother thinking about adoption or a parent who desperately wants a child, we can help give a child a safe, loving home.
If you need legal representation for a child custody case, call Throne and Hauser Attorneys at Law for the best child custody lawyers for Boulder City, Nevada. We’ll work hard to come to a settlement that is healthy and beneficial for both you and your child/children.